Slow Roast Beef (Convection Oven)
1 tbs olive oil
1kg-piece beef bolar blade
1 large brown onions, halved, cut into thin wedges
250ml (1 cup) red wine
4 large fresh thyme sprigs
3 fresh or dried bay leaves
1 tsp Cracked black pepper
1 tbs tomato sauce
Garlic if you desire
2 sprigs Parsley
- Heat half the oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- At the same time heat the remaining oil in the in the turbo oven to 180 ºC. Add the onion, bay leaves, garlic and herbs cook until onions are soft.
- Add the beef, red wine, stock and tomato sauce to the oven and bring temperature up to max for about 10 minutes or until the sauce boils. Reduce heat to 165ºC and simmer for about 1¼ hours or until the beef is tender.
- Transfer beef to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Transfer juices via a strainer to the frypan and bring to the boil, and thicken if necessary with a little gravox.
- Thickly slice the beef across the grain and serve topped with the sauce.