Muffins: Bacon And Potato
1 onion, finely diced
2 bacon rashers, finely diced
1 medium potato, peeled and grated
1 cup self-raising flour
½ cup tasty cheese, grated
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup milk
Finely chopped herbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a frying pan, cook the onion and bacon until the onion is translucent and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from heat and mix in grated potato. Season mixture well with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together. Add herbs, cheese and the onion, potato and bacon mixture. Combine with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and milk together and pour into the flour mixture. Fold together until all ingredients are wet.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool further.